WEEK 3 - Moving Your Way to Better Health in 2021
You've heard it before: regular exercise is good for your physical and mental health.
Daily exercise can help you lose weight, lower your risk of future health challenges, reduce your stress,
and improve your mental outlook.
But, if you're like many people (over 80% to be exact!), you just aren't getting enough exercise each
Why it Matters:
As chiropractors, a primary focus of ours is movement-based care. Movement is critical for the body to stay healthy...from the joints, muscles, nerves and tissues movement keeps things working.
Your overall health is influenced by three types of movement:
1. Segmental: how well your body's individual joints move.
2. Regional: how well your neck, low back, arms, and legs move.
3. Whole body: how well your whole body moves.
1. Segmental Movement: Regular chiropractic adjustments can positively influence the function of
your nervous system, help decrease aches and pains, and help relax your muscles
2. Regional Movement: Regular stretching can help to improve your range of motion and
biomechanics and your energy levels.
3. Whole Body Movement: Daily exercise can help to improve your mood and your sleep and help
to lower your risk of chronic disease.
Millions of people make New Year’s resolutions to get more active each year… and each year, they seem
to come up short…but this year, you have the tools and resources to succeed!
By setting smart health goals and cultivating a positive mindset, you have the right foundation to begin
moving your body towards better health in 2021 (see my 2021 week 1 blog for SMART goal setting if you need a refresher).
And if you notice you’re struggling to stay on track, or you’re sidelined by chronic aches and pains, let us
know. We're here to help you get health and stay healthy so you can stay active and reach your goals!
80% of American Don’t Get Enough Exercise. Cleveland Clinic. 2018.
The Use of Spinal Manipulation to Treat an Acute on Field Athletic Injury. JCCA. 2016.